So I would like to share with you my yummy home made chicken stew. This recipe is so easy and takes just under an hour till its ready. It's perfect for the whole family. My little one Lucy absolutely loves this stew and its full of pure goodness. So definitely some peace of mind that she eats it for me :) The best thing about this meal is you can add as much veg as you want and of as much of what you want to it. I love to add potatoes, carrots, broccoli, parsnip, onion. garlic cloves, frozen mixed veg, Brussels sprouts (even though I hate these they are full of iron and you can't taste it when the soup/stew is all liquidized) and spinach. Today however i didn't have some of those items so the recipe I am going to share is the one i made today but remember you can add whatever veg you like :) It went down a treat with all the family! Oh and if you have ever attended slimming world or weight-watchers, etc., this meal is completely syn free, there is absolutely no fat in it and is completely wholesome and delicious.
2 chicken breasts diced
2 garlic cloves
2 veg stock cubes
2 chicken stock cubes
1 litre of boiling water
- So pop your chicken breasts in a pot and cover with cold water add some salt and let it come to boil till it is completely cooked.
- While you are waiting on your chicken to cook, peel wash and chop your veg and boil the kettle for your stock.
- When you are satisfied that the chicken is cooked, add all your veg to the pot of chicken. using a glass measuring jug or plastic which ever you prefer, put the 4 stock cubes in to the jug and add a litre of boiling water, stir the stock cubes until they have all dissolved in to the water. add the stock to the veg. when the stock is added then you can add the potatoes.
- Now you can add your herbs, mixed herbs, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic cloves, garlic salt (and whatever other herbs you wish to add)
- Let the stew come to the boil, then reduce heat and cover and let it simmer for a while
- When the veg is soft you can then liquidize the soup/stew and leave it to continue to simmer over a low heat for another few minutes
- Now your soup is made you can serve it however you may wish. I had mine with a Slimbo (I'm trying to be extra good :) )
Recipe in pictures:
And there you have it. Simple hearty chicken soup/stew for all the family :)
Thank you all for reading :)
Lots of Love